Infusion CenterOutpatient Infusion Therapy
In the infusion center, we provide comprehensive IV therapy for MS, including Solumedrol, Lemtrada, Tysabri, and other select chemotherapies. Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The last infusion appointment time is 3 p.m. (depending on the type of infusion). To schedule an appointment please contact BiocureRx at 1-855-497-7956 extension 370 and for Insurance and Benefits at 1-855-497-7956 extension 371.
How to prepare for your infusion appointment
- At least two days before your scheduled appointment, drink plenty of water, preferably three to four glasses of water per day.
- Do not drink caffeinated beverages for at least four hours before infusion. This includes coffee, tea, or caffeinated carbonated beverages.
- Do not smoke for one hour before infusion. (Both caffeine and smoking constrict or shrink the blood vessels)
- Wear comfortable clothing. The infusion room may be cool so please dress accordingly. Please do not wear long sleeves that cannot be easily rolled up.
- We do need access to your arms to monitor your blood pressure and locate your veins.
- Your significant other, close family member, or friend may stay with you in the infusion suite as space is available. We do have overflow seating in the waiting area if space is limited.
- Bring snacks for yourself especially if you are arriving around mealtime or are scheduled for infusions lasting longer than 3 hours.
- If you are diabetic, check your fasting sugar the morning of your infusion and bring your glucometer to the infusion center in the event that additional testing is needed.
- We encourage you to bring something to read or something to work on to help pass the time.
- Cell phones are prohibited in the infusion room. Please place your cell on vibrate. You may text but phone conversations are not appropriate and disruptive to patients who may be resting. Laptops are allowed, and we do have Wi-Fi access.
- Please do not bring young children unless you have someone with you to watch them in the waiting area.
Our infusion center is a very social place where many patients enjoy interacting with learning from each other. Please be respectful to those who may choose not to participate in the conversation. If you choose, feel free to bring in a paper or book to read or you may just take a nap during your infusion. We have pillows and blankets available for your use as well.